The Concrete Association of Estonia and the Association of Construction Material Producers of Estonia today announce the contest “Concrete Building of the Year 2010”.
“Despite the complicated situation on construction market, there is a number of distinguished buildings that have been established out of our national construction material, concrete,” said Mati Laurson, Chairman of the Board of the Concrete Association of Estonia. Laurson adds that concrete, as a stable and durable material has been appreciated through good and bad times.
The aim of the contest is discovering and confering distinction on sightly buildings that are implemented effectively and economically, revealing the advantages that concrete as a material is able to offer.
„Our goal is to contribute to the development of concrete architecture, technology and construction,” said Peeter Kokk, Executive Director of the Concrete Association of Estonia. “We are expecting high participation rate of the owners, architects, constructors, material suppliers, engineers and other parties involved in completed decorous concrete establishments,” Kana added.
Works presented to the contest have to be assigned to the owner in 2010 and can be submitted only once. Designs and proceedings can be submitted to the contest as well.
The winner of the contest is a proceeding or object that invests in the work of the entrepreneurs registered in Estonia and concrete material purveyed locally. Professional engineering and construction is also an important aspect of the selection process, also exactingness, quality and innovation of the contestant.
The grand prix goes to the author of the winning idea – the architect. The owner, engineer, constructor and concrete producer will be denoted.
The jury comprises of representatives of the Union of Estonian Architects, the Concrete Association of Estonia, The Estonian Association of Civil Engineers, the Estonian Association of Construction Entrepreneurs, the Association of Construction Material Producers of Estonia, Estonian Association of Architectural and Consulting Engineering Companies, and also representatives of AS Kunda Nordic Tsement and constructional media. The jury is summoned by the promoter of the contest.
The deadline of submission is the 1st of December 2010.
The winner will be announced on the eleventh Estonian ConcreteDay in March 2011.
The Concrete Association of Estonia and the Association of Construction Material Producers of Estonia have organized the annual contest for ten years.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2009 – Tallink office building.
- Grand Prix – architect Meelis Press, Meelis Pressi Arhitektuuribüroo AS.
- Owner prize – OÜ Fastinvest, engineer prize – Finnmap Consulting, contractor prize – AS Merko Ehitus, prize for concrete elements – AS Tartu Maja Betoontooted, concrete producer prize – AS Rudus.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2008 – the expansion of Tallinn Airport. Grand Prix – architect Jean-Marie Bonnard, Sofreavia SA.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2007 – arch bridge of Puurmani. Grand Prix – engineers Siim Idnurm, Juhan Idnurm.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2006 – office building for Luku-Expert. Grand Prix – architect Hindrek Kesler.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2005 – office building for TTP. Grand Prix – architect Meelis Press.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2004 – Ülemiste Hotel. Grand Prix – architect Martin Aunin.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2003 – villa in Viimsi. Grand Prix – Architectural Bureau Emil Urbel.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2002 – Tartu Prison. Grand Prix – Architectural Bureau Kalle Rõõmus AS.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2001 – terminal in Muuga. Grand Prix – engineer Randväli ja Karema AS.
- The Concrete Building of the Year 2000 – Rocca al Mare School. Grand Prix – Architectural Bureau Urbel ja Peil.
The Concrete Association of Estonia is a union established in order to promote concrete as a domestic construction material, aggregating 45 companies, organizations and individuals.
The Association of Construction Material Producers of Estonia is a union linking 58 companies involved in the production and marketing of construction materials.
Mati Laurson, Chairman of the Board of the Concrete Association of Estonia, Member of the Board of Savekate OÜ
Tel: +372 7309830; +3725034916: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peeter Kokk, Executive Director of The Concrete Association of Estonia
Tel: +372 6481918; +3725187198; e-mail: email@example.com
Enno Rebane, Executive Director of The Association of Construction Material Producers of Estonia
Tel: +3726481918; +3725182662; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org